We eat different kinds of food together most of the time by imagining combining the benefits of all the nutrition these foods contain. That is not all true. The chemical reactions between different elements can eliminate some of the benefits or produce other substances which can be damaging to our health. Below is a short list of some unhealthy combinations of foods (should not be eaten together within two hours):
1. Cucumber: cucumber contains vitamin-C-breaking-down enzyme. If we combine those vitamin C rich food with cucumber, the nutrition benefit will be ruined.
So avoid having cucumber with: strawberry, celery, cherry, tomato, peppers, orange, cauliflower, spinach, grapefruit, watermelon, etc.
2. Apricot and carrot: the carotene in carrot will be damaged.
3. Onion and honey: bad for the eyes
4. Shrimp and watermelon: lowering immunity.
5. Kiwi and carrot: damaging vitamin C in kiwi.
6. Milk and chocolate: causing dry hair, diarrhea, and calcium losing.
7. Pumpkin and strawberry: Damaging the nutrition in strawberry.
8. Sweet potato and persimmon: Causing stomach bloating, vomiting, even stomach bleeding.
9. Spinach and tofu: the oxalic acid in spinach removes calcium from tofu.
10. Banana and yogurt (arguably): might produce cancer-causing substance.
To receive our free health-tip collections, please visit here.
For more information on Natural remedies, Chinese medicine, acupuncture points, Yin/Yang, Qi etc. please visit www.BodyFoodEnergy.com
Disclaimer： This is not intended to be a substitute for personal medical care and advice. You should always consult a healthcare professional about any health condition before starting any therapy and health program.